As the countdown continues to The World Games 2021 Birmingham, the first group of competitors for The Games has qualified! Read the full story from the International World Games Association.
The first official qualifiers of The World Games 2021 include:
- Women, 57 kg: Anaelle Angerville (FRA), Pia Salgado (AUS)
- Women, 63.5 kg: Zoe Putorak (AUS)
- Men, 57 kg: Almaz Sarsembekov (KAZ)
- Men, 63.5 kg: Igor Liubchenko (UKR)
- Pentanque: Phantipha Wongchuvej (THA), Nantawan Fueangsanit (THA)
The International Federations that govern each of the sports are responsible for the qualification process in which they will qualify their athletes or teams to compete in The World Games. In most cases, it is necessary to qualify by a top ranking at the world championships or a qualification tournament to be able to participate that is governed by an International Federation for that sport.
The World Games 2021 will be held in Birmingham, Alabama, USA, 15-25 July 2021, featuring 3,600 athletes from 33 sports and 100 countries.